Monday, March 24, 2008

New Orleans rocked

So there I was...a free trip to New Orleans for the week. After being a stupid hasher and getting on a 1 am flight Sunday morning I made it to the New Orleans GDR. It was a lot of fun I must say. It turns out I know more hashers there than I thought so after the run and the parade I went out to drink. At a bar we were randomly talking to this guy from London while waiting for drinks and low and behold he turned out to be the GM for the London hash. Small world indeed. While there we also did some recruiting. I helped recruit 3 for the DC area and hopefully one each got sold on the Boston and New York hashes. There were more virgins and visitors at the gdr than local hashers.

Monday I partook along with some other hashers a Parade. Some hashers were in the parade so we just kind of tagged along and danced with them behind a porotable Irish Pub. Yes I got a little drunk and Wed, and Thurs, and Fri, and Sat too. All in all it was a good trip and work was done though not as much as I should have.

Now one thing I did hear and must repeat is Spreads em' from Austin or Houston told me to tell Brownie he is a wanker. I heard some other things too but will save those for later.

2 comments:

Gagger said...

It's a small world indeed. Sounds like good times!

Outdoorgirl said...

Sweet